Sunday, 18 May 2014

Hobbycutz Challenge No 48. . . . . . Three Shades of The Same Colour


Good morning one and all. Hope you have woken to a day filled with sunshine, a heart filled with love and, hopefully you have a tummy about to be filled with breakfast lol!!!
A few of you have asked what happened at the Harvester last November. Sorry but I can't divulge; its the Crafters Code, what happens in the Harvester, stays in the Harvester hahaha!
You could find out yourself by joining us this year? The more the merrier!!!

Firstly, a big official welcome to The Pond to the talented Marisa Job. Now the lovely Marisa has been a visitor for a long time and comments regularly but has now clicked the "Follow" button so thank you very much. Marisa has a fabulous blog herself if you feel like a bit of floral delight, pop and visit her.

Ita, the baby embossing folder from the last card is a Crafts Too one and I got it from the Hunkydory GBCF at Donnington 2 years ago. Hope you'll be able to indulge in the BBQ soon.

Now, today's card is my DT offering for the latest Hobbycutz Challenge. It was my choice of subject and I chose 3 shades of one colour. Our sponsor is Squigglefly and as I chose this sentiment of theirs to use, I went for shades of blue to tie in with the water /sea theme of the sentiment. 
The base card is A5 in size and is topped with navy blue, sky blue, and bright blue card layers.
I had a Kanban Male Kit with various blokey stuff in and one of them was the sailing toppers and an A4 sheet called "Deep Blue Sea". I cut this to the size I wanted then printed the Squigglefly sentiment onto it.


I then added the sail boat topper and some Hobbycutz swirly embellishments, heat embossed in blue.


Lastly, some blue bling in the corners and jobs a good un! And no die cutting, whooda thought eh?
Mr D was particularly vocal about liking this one so I think its a definite card for the fellas. . . . . . mind you, don't know who else I could give it to with that sentiment lol!

Hope you will pop over to Hobbycutz and see what my fellow DT members have come up with and hopefully join in with the challenge.

Anyhoo, enjoy what's left of the weekend and be good.
I'll be back tomorrow with my House of Cards DT offering. . . . . . like I said before, its just like waiting for a bus and two come along at once hahaha!

TTFN
Ang x


17 comments:

  1. Good morning Ang. A very different card from you today, but I still love it. Good use of that topper and the layout is great. On the ponies name my fault misspelling ( age thing) it's Chief. He has some Clan name to go with it, but is likely some mouth full. Enjoy your day and if you get sunshine and heat can you send some north please. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous male card Ang. Love the shades of blue. Enjoy the sunshine. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ang,
    Great male card and I love your shades of blue.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely way to use the topper Ang and actually it's nice to see a card which is not using die cut pieces!! I hope to get out in the sun later as it seems we only have a few more days of it but it's the end of year accounts for the charity I help with for the next couple of weeks so the quicker I get on with them the sooner Companies House will have them!! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang this is gorgeous, love it all especially the sentiment, how nice is that? Now if you had a son it would also do for him as well as hubby, if not put it away for hubby's birthday, he would have forgotten about it by then lol!
    I am so glad you liked my post title, I did think I would get a comment or two following it lol!

    Have a great weekend
    Love & HUGS

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ang. Really great man´s card. Love the colour and all the swirly bits. It´s difficult these days not to use a die cut but we always managed before they were invented didn´t we?
    Have a lovely day.
    Love Val in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a beautiful card and sentiment, i just love it !

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice card and I like the sentiment too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good afternoon from a part of Scotland the sun has failed to reach.
    A very different card for you but I like, I like I really, really like.
    Love the sentiment.
    Mmmm!! Yes!! let's leave it all in the Harvester.
    Great fun was had if anyone wants to join in though.
    Enjoy the sunshine.........!!!!! you lucky thing
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ang, fab card, very different for you, the colours are wonderful and I do love the sentiment.
    No sun here, black billowing clouds, keeping my eye on them as I've bedding out.
    Enjoy your sunshine, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being an old navy salt I am partial to most anything that floats. Boat, corks, tin cans, bottles etc. LOL!! Love your card Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ang,

    Just wanted to let you know that I have tried to enter a card for the Hobbycutz Challenge but its still coming up with the last one Faries so when does it actually start?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ang super card and your choice of the boat,and the different shades of blue are spot on.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very different but brilliant for a male card like you say and luvin the sentiment xx hopefully you were able to enjoy some of the sunny weather this weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Ang, my card is ready and wont be on my blog till Wednesday so that's when I will enter, hopefully its working by then lol! Thank you again for letting me know. Take care

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous shades of blue you have used, the sentiment is wonderful and perfect for the image. I used to have a lot of those Kanban toppers and I may still have some in my stash - I am trying to use them all up. Gorgeous card and think your Mr is right! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful - just beautiful!!! I am late as usual but I don't forget - some people you just love to follow and You are the best quacker I know!
    Sandy xx
    Oh by the way - you have captured my curiosity - what is the Harvester and how does one join?

    ReplyDelete