Good evening folks. I am soooooo sorry for my gross tardiness. In my defence, I had a busier day than anticipated yesterday and it was only when I got up this morning I thought "Ooops".
I then was busy this morning and out all afternoon so here I am, very late.
Thank you to Heather for being gracious about my leaving a message on her blog. In return, she will be advertising her Pirate Decor business on here later. . . . . . . . . . . . She could call it "Jolly Rogers" for obvious reasons, boom boom!!!
Hope that the card was worth waiting for. It was a bit of an experiment but seems to work.
I cut a 6x6 base card out of white hammered card and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress ink.
I then cut a slightly smaller layer out of the same card and cut the largest Spellbinders Butterfly Circles out of it. Next, I cut the Spellbinders Die D-lites Medallion Four out of the middle of the circle. I then popped the circle back into the aperture from whence it came.
As I wanted to re-fill the butterfly holes with alternating colours of butterflies, I used the largest Butterfly Circles again to cut some fuchsia pink and lilac card as per the following photos,
I had two pieces of scrap to do the job rather than cut one of each out of bigger pieces of card.
Like a muppet, I threw the bell shaped bits away..........more on that later.
I had precisely the right amount of butterflies to alternate so I taped a small piece of purple card behind the Medallion aperture, the double sided tape across the whole back of the layer. I then popped all the butterflies into the gaps and then it dawned on me. Where the gaps for the bell shapes were, there was exposed tape beneath........Doh !!! After a lot of bad language I decided to fill the gaps with pinky purple glitter rather than re-cutting the die again just to get the bell bits.......phew !!!
Sentiment stamped in purple and heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Powder and some spare lilac butterflies popped in the other corners (I always save the butterfly waste) to finish......voila !!!
Finally, just to clarify, on my previous post, the cards are one's that I made last year in the days when I thought "I don't need expensive dies and a machine to cut them" ........in this house, there are 3 eras BC, AD and BSW (Before Sue Wilson).
I do still make the simpler cards but my Calibur usually starts calling to me.
Once again, apologies for the lateness. Hope you have all had a good day.