Good morning Duckadees. Hope you are warm and well. Still chasing my tail a bit with extra hours and long days but hoping for a quieter week ahead.
Firstly, a big welcome to The Pond to Debs Artliff. I have seen you over on Sue Wilson's so thanks for coming for a paddle over here. We're a nice bunch and usually well behaved.
Thank you for your super comments on my daffs. Marisa, I completely forgot that the Sunkissed Fleur was your baby. Did you ever imagine that someone would make daffodils with them lol!
Now today's card is my DT creation for the latest Hobbycutz Challenge which is sponsored by The Paper Shelter and features this sketch for your inspiration. . . . .
I hope that you can pop over here to have a look at the fab cards my team mates have created and why not enter the challenge too?
I foccussed on the flowers and the purple, white and yellow.
The base card was a piece of A3 card which I cut down to 14cm x 42cm and then Hougied at 14cm and 28cm to give a bi-fold card (think that's the technical term).
Out of the front "page" I cut the largest of the SB Captivating Squares to make an aperture.
I then cut two pieces of purple PMD card to 13.8cm x13.8cm. One piece, I stuck to the middle "page" behind the aperture. On the second piece, I marked where the aperture was going to be cut and then cut around the edge with my beloved Striplet. There was a bit of tricksy manoevering went on, having to hang the last cut off the edge of the cutting plate but I got there. This is why I did not cut the aperture first so the piece of card would be easier to handle.
I then cut an aperture with the Captivating Square again from the centre so you end up with a piece like this. . . . . .
This I then stuck over the aperture on the front and fortunately, it did line up!
I stuck the purple square I cut out, onto the back "page".
Then to the flower "page". The foliage piece is from Hobbycutz. I usually colour and emboss them but I left it au natural this time. I used a Tonic small flower punch to punch 3,000,000 (maybe a slight exaggeration) flowers from white card. Yellow felt tip squidged on the centres shaped the flowers and added colour too.
I foam padded the centre of the area for the flower to give a domed shape and stuck all the teeny flowers on and around it.
Sentiment hand written in white gel pen and that was that.
Have a super Sunday folks and hope you have a great week ahead.