Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is safe and sound after this spell of Baby Weather (wet and windy) and for those unfortunate enough to have snow. I hope that this is the worst that Winter has to throw at us.
I must apologise for not being too swift around the blogs this week. I'm all behind (in more ways than one after the excesses of yuletide lol!) but shall be caught up by today, hopefully. Sometimes real life creeps up and mugs you of time.
Thankfully, there has been no repeat of Flash (definitely not saviour of the Universe from what I saw . . . . . . . . . .apologies to non Queen fans who didn't get that lol!)
He is a bit strange anyway, occasionally putting his bins out in his wife's dressing gown and slippers (well, we had assumed they were the wife's as they are both pink and fluffy. . . . . . . . .that's the dressing gown and slippers, not what I saw the other day hahaha!!!)
Now today, is rather picture heavy so maybe get a cuppa, snack or possibly a sleeping bag.
First up is another Christmas card I'm afraid (I did warn that I still had some to come).
This was what was going to Mr D's brother and girlfriend until he decided he wanted the relation details on the card.
I had a play with different colour mica again with the fab Docrafts stamp and recessed the sentiment for something different. I think it was Margaret who asked about mica? its a pigment powder that you can brush over inks to give a lovely sheen or you can mix it with water and paint with it and well, allsorts really. it comes in different colours and got my sets off eBay. Here, I used gold, copper and silver mica brushed over the stamped image (stamped in Versamark)
Cream card base (Ross Card)
Soft gold card (Lime Tree Crafts)
Docrafts Home for Christmas 6x6 stamp
SB A2 Matting Basics B
Gold, copper and silver mica
Silver satin ribbon
Gold teeny bling
Now, time for some pics for Mrs B to show how I do my banners (apologies for the picture quality but I had to use the camera on my phone and the light wasn't great). . . . . . . .
I start with the top layer, cut to size and with its sentiment as above. . . . . . . then
I cut the "V" into the end as above . . . . . . . . . . . . .then
I stick this to the next layer with the margins I want at the left hand side and the bottom (make sure that the bottom layer is cut straight at the side and bottom). . . . . . . .then
I trim the top margin, to match the side and bottom, with my guillotine so you end up with the above. . . . . . . . . then
I cut the "V" out of the bottom layer to finish it off.
You do the same with any subsequent layers you wish to add.
I hope that makes sense Mrs B. I'm sure that there are better ways of doing it but this is what works for me.
I will keep my die cut fridge magnets until my next post now otherwise you will be losing conciousness at the length of this post lol!!!
Till then, be good and as Sgt Esterhaus would say, "Lets be careful out there"