Good morning everyone. Hope you are all warm and well.
A quick message for Ita. I have tried to leave a comment on your blog and become a follower but my laptop does not like Google+ and therefore I have been unable to do so.......sincere apologies as you have some lovely cards.
Thank you for your kind comments about David's birthday card and thank you David for taking time out of your busy birthday and managing to persevere with getting a comment on.
Today's floral offering is another card for David and was bartered for. He wanted a birthday card for his sister in law and I wanted to borrow his carpet washer so it was a fair swap.
This card was inspired by one done by a very talented lady called Marisa Job, who kindly leaves occasional comments on here. Please visit her blog, if you haven't already, to see some beautiful cards. . . . .marisadesigns.blogspot.co.uk
Marisa's card is a lot less "rustic" looking than mine as she has used plant pot dies. Mine was just cut to a plant pot shape. As you will see below, the card pops out of its pot pocket so you can write a little message inside.
If you are lucky enough to have the Spellbinders Plant Pot dies (as rare as rocking horse poo) then use them as I'm sure you will get a better result.
Firstly, I cut two pieces of scrap card into plant pot shapes of the same size (they are about 4" tall. To make the pocket, I "wrapped" the two pieces in brown wallpaper (don't ask) and stuck it neatly at the back. I then added the rim, edged with pinking shears, grass, flowers and butterfly (flowers, Tonic Daisy Punch and butterfly cut using a Splodgeaway mask as a template).
Next, cut another plant pot shape, I used green card, slightly narrower than the pocket as this will need to fit in the pocket but slightly taller so there's room to add the flowers.
I cut two Spellbinders D-Lites Garden Weave out of the same green card and added them to the top to form a kind of scrolled arch (you will need to trim them to fit).
Flowers and leaves were cut from pink, lilac, purple and green card using Spellbinders Jewel Flowers and Flourishes and Bitty Blossoms.
I put the card in the pocket, then stuck the flowers and leaves on so that I could gauge where to put the flowers so that they popped over the edge nicely.
I then cut another pot shape, smaller than the card, out of yellow card and edged it with pinking shears. I then embossed it with the Couture Creations Bouquet embossing folder and stuck it to the card.
The label and tags are the two smaller dies from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight set. The smallest two were stamped in purple pigment ink and heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer clear powder and attached with a narrow purple satin ribbon. The next one was foam padded to the card.
I added a little folded strip of card to the back as a stand and it was done.
Hope you like and thank you Marisa for the inspiration....wish it looked as good as yours !!!
David liked it so, hopefully, will his sister in law.
Btw, the Britannia Die that I used on David's card for the poppies and the fuchsias is a medium rose die which I got from Joanna Sheen as I had seen an excellent tutorial on her website for how to do the fuchsias.