Good morning one and all. Hope your bit of the pond is warm and not too wet . . . . .well, as non wet as a pond can be lol !!! Hopefully, John, Val and Wendy are the other side of those nasty storms and flooding.
Thank you all for your lovely comments on my jewellery. I really should start playing with it again as the cards have somewhat taken over.
If there's one thing I've learned it's never craft when you're cross; a craft knife and tension is not a good combo except if you fancy afternoon in A & E lol !!!
We came home curtain less (Patricia, you have my sympathy for your recent curtain capers) but laughing so all was not lost. Five minutes with Nesta was enough to remind me that there are still some nice folk in this world.
I have been crafting today (Friday) instead so I will have some more cards in readiness for the pond.
Now, today's card was a "need a card urgently" one, that then wasn't as urgent after I had raced to do it. It was for Nesta's niece and her fiance who have just bought their first house.
It had to have purple in it (as per the engagement card a few weeks ago) and who am I to argue when I love purple.
I got the door idea from Patricia's lovely Christmas card, a week or so ago. Lucky Patricia had an embossing folder (I think) for the door but as I haven't, I had to improvise.
The base card is a piece of A4 PMD cream linen card Hougied in half to A5. I matted this with a slightly smaller piece of purple card (I did gut the middle of this, frugal duck that I am)
I then took a slightly smaller piece of the cream linen card and embossed, freehand, a door shape using my Hougie. I don't think it looks too bad for an improv.
I then masked around the door and gave it a light sponging of Dusty Concord Distress Ink.
I stamped the plant pots on either side of the door (I got this stamp from my local craft shop, for 25p last week) and coloured them in using a mixture of distress ink, promarker, Staedler fine liners and felt tips. Same goes for the flowers around the door, which were done with a stamp I thought resembled a clematis and my leaves were freehand. Now you can probably see why I don't normally do colouring hahaha!!!
The letters were cut out of purple card using an X-Cut alphabet die and stuck onto the card in a jaunty fashion (lol!!!)
A bling door handle, a line for the letterbox and the door number completed the look. Apologies I had to handwrite the door number, as my number stamps were too big.
Hope that you all have a fabulous weekend with no more floods or pestilence.