Good morning everyone. Hope that you're dry, if not sunny. Spring is around the corner. Our daffs are about 6 inches high and Mr and Mrs B (our blackbirds) are fattening themselves on grapes (don't ask me why but they love em) and mealworms ready for this years broods. Most years they have three but last year they sadly lost two broods, we think to magpies.
Hopefully this year will be a good one for them.
Anne, I used 300gsm card from Ross to make the flowers on the last card. I think maybe the thicker card helps with the shaping and holding the shape.
Donna, hope those winds have settled down and no damage done to you or your home.
Jacquie, hope that washing up is still being done. I got a paper cut on Wednesday and that was met with no sympathy whatsoever lol !
Lesley, its not my wellies you have to worry about, it was another lady in the pond who has been known to nip behind a hedge or two. I just hope she's not been doing anything in the pond. I ought to have one of those signs up like at the swimming baths. . . . . .
Thank you for your comment Diane. If you have a blog, I shall pop by when I get a mo.
Now today's card was one of those we have all had. . . . . ."Ooh, you can do a quick card for me can't you. . . " its always more of a statement too, rather than a question I find.
On a work day, I'm usually chasing my own tail so throw in a card as well and its paper and foam pads flying everywhere.
I thought that the font on this stamp looked very similar to Hazel's beautifully handwritten one the other day. I wasn't happy with my stamping on this as I used Bundled Sage DI and because the ink shrinks away slightly on the stamp, they never seem to give a pristine result. Consequently, I went over it with a sage green Staedler Liner as I hadn't got time to re-do it.
The base card is 6x6 topped with a sheet of sage and cream dotty paper from one of the Back to Basics pads.
I then cut two of the large SB Captivating Squares from cream card. I cut an SB Medallion 3 from the centre of one, then angled the other in the opposite way and popped the die back in the holes in the top square, so it lined up, then ran them through the GC so the medallion cut out of the other layer as well. . . . . .hope you get my drift.
Inked through the top one with Bundled Sage, foam padded them to each other and the base, then added pearls.
Quick and simple I'm afraid but sometimes they have to be.
Its my first DT posting on Monday (will be at 12 noon to coincide with everyone else on the team) so I hope you can join me.
In the meantime, have a super weekend and hope you get some chill time.