Good morning my paddling chums. Hope you are all being good and enjoying this duck weather lol. Can't seem to make its mind up here. . . . .throwing it down one minute, sunny the next. Feel like I should be on a bit of elastic between the house and the washing line!
Been a bit of a grrr week. First, my oven has gone on the blink (won't get above about GM4), then my printer decided to spit its dummy out of the pram (and its paper all over the floor) and then Mr D's printer decided to throw a wobbly in sympathy with its friend!!! (I know it probably seems strange that we were a 2 printer family but I had one when I was doing my OU courses a few years ago and Mr D had one for when he was teaching as we had separate studies to work in).
So new printer purchased and now on the hunt for a new cooker/oven.
Thank you for all your kind words about Dad. Its not a recent bereavement but I think because I was still in my twentys and lost both Mum and Dad within 3 years of each other, it makes me sad. Still, enough of the sad bit and on to happier things.
Now, today's card was born out of the piece of card I had left from this card here. I liked the look so thought I would make another bi-fold card, 14cm x14cm.
Now, what die could I use? Hmmmm? What about. . . . .nah, not that one. Or I could use. . . . . . .maybe not.
I'm sorry, it was calling to me. I tried to tell myself "walk away from The Striplet" but to no avail.
I Hougied the base card into thirds and then cut The Striplet as a border along the entire bottom edge so I had a card like so. . . . . .
The Striplet does not match up to the exact length so I had to hang the end off the cutting plate of the GC so it left a border at the end rather than cutting through.
On the front page, I used a piece of paper from the First Edition Hideaway pad to pop above the border and cut through the centre of this with the outer edge of the SB Medallion One.
I then stuck the FE paper to the page with some white 3mm satin ribbon along the bottom and stuck the cut out of this onto the page below, lined up with the aperture.
I cut three of the daisy shaped flowers from the SB Bitty Blossoms set and inked through the die with Spun Sugar DI. I then shaped the flowers with my Hougie scorer and stuck them together, slightly offsetting each. I then stuck this to the cut out piece as per above photo. I then added a ring of John's pearls around the centre.
I thought the front needed a frame so I cut the second largest SB Blossom Three die from cream card and then cut the SB Medallion One out of the centre. I then foam padded this, lining it up with the aperture, onto the front.
For the last page, I cut one of the SB Fancy Tags Two and topped it with my sentiment, stamped with Shabby Shutters onto the centre of a SB Fancy Framed Tags One.
I finished off with a teeny bow and some more of John's pearls, coloured with a green Sharpie. . . . . anyone who read John's blog the other day will have seen that a few of us use white pearls as they can be coloured with a variety of permanent markers to any colour you like.
And that, as they say, is that. I think its quite pretty (hence all the photos, sorry) and hope you like it too.
Barcelona GP today so glad I don't work Sundays. . . . . . hope you enjoy it too Jackie D. Lewis in pole again, getting to be a habit. Sad remembering Ayrton Senna last week too.
Oooh, and Tina, I try and get around the blogs as and when I can (sometimes late) as I try and make time for "visiting" my chums. I've made and met some fabulous friends through the blog so its nice to keep in touch and see their amazing creations too.
Finally, congratulations to our Lydia who has won a card from Sue Wilson. I'm lucky enough to have won a couple from emailing C&C so I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your prize.
Have a happy day wherever you are paddling today.